What are cookies? A cookie is a file stored on your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve certain information about the user or the device’s surfing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way you run your device, they might serve as tool to identify the user.
Types of Cookies
According the cookie’s owner:
- First-party cookies: these are the cookies sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are the cookies sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but by a third party treating the data obtained from the cookies.
According to the cookie’s duration:
- Session cookies: these cookies are designed to collect and sore data while the user navigates the website.
- Persistent cookies: contrary to session cookies, these are stored on the user’s device, so that the data can be accessed and treated by the cookie’s manager for a definite period of time, ranging from several minutes to years.
According to the cookie’s purpose:
- Analysis cookies: these cookies, either treated by us or by third parties, allow quantifying the number of users so as to measure and statistically analyse the usage of our services. Thus, we analyse the user’s surfing habits within our website with the purpose of improving our product range and the services offered.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies allow an efficient management of the advertising spaces included in a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided, based on criteria such as the edited content or the advertising frequency.
- Online behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies store data about the user’s online behaviour obtained from the continuous observation of the user’s surfing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile according to which the advertising is tailored to the individual user. Equally, it is likely that, when visiting certain websites or when opening an email with ads or promotions about our services and products, a cookie is installed on your browser, allowing us to show you advertisements linked to your search or to develop a supervision of our ads in connection with, for instance, the number of times they are watched or when and where they appear.
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse a website, application or platform, and to make us of its several options and services, such as controlling data communication and traffic, to identify the session, to access restricted areas, to remember the elements of an order, to purchase or complete an order, to subscribe or participate in events, to use security elements while browsing, to store data for the broadcast of video and sound or for sharing content through social networks.
- ersonalized cookies: these cookies allow the user to access the service with certain general features predefined according to a series of elements in the user’s device, such as the language, the browser used or the regional settings of the location from where the service is accessed, etc.
Refusing and disabling cookies on this site
You may allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your device through changing your internet software browsing settings. In the event that you do not allow the cookies to be installed on your device, you will probably not be able to access any of the sections in our website.
For more information on how to modify or block the usage of cookies, you may visit the following links:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, access the Microsoft support or the Browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, access the Mozilla support or the Browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
For more information, access the Google support or the Browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, access the Apple support or the Browser Help.